How is everyone doing post-hurricane? We’ve seen New York and the entire Northeast battered by a lot last week, as we’ve all experienced either first-hand or on the news. And now it’s time to focus on recovery.
I want to share this initiative that CourseHorse and Time Out New York are putting together to benefit Food Bank of NYC, which is playing a key role in the recovery from Hurricane Sandy. From November 12 through 18, many unique food-related and other classes will be held around New York. Most classes will be priced at $65, with proceeds going to the Food Bank for NYC. You can also get special gift cards good for future use on any of CourseHorse’s 20,000+ classes in New York. In addition, anybody can ‘Provide a Meal’ for free just by registering via a special Facebook campaign.
Featured classes will include:
- Thanksgiving Sides with a Twist at Camaje
- Pumpkin Flavored Gelato-Making at Mia Chef Gelateria
- Cooking Vegetarian Fall Classics at Bhagavat Life
- Fall Bourbon Pairings at Idle Hands
- Capture Autumn: Photography Workshop at Brooklyn Central
Check out #FoodforThought over at CourseHorse and help out while learning something new!