(Photo from the SFGate.com) Chinese food doesn’t make national headlines very often, so it was a pleasant surprise to see a Chinese takeout-related story all over the news today. On Thursday, President Obama made a surprise stop in San Francisco’s Chinatown while in town for a fundraising event. He went to Great Eastern Restaurant, and [...]
Tag Archives | Fun
A short clip from one of my favorite old holiday specials, A Muppet Family Christmas, which first aired in 1987. Happy holidays, everyone!
Hello! Gosh, it feels like the last time I blogged was ages ago. Dear readers, I apologize. I recently moved into a new apartment, and have been spending the last few weeks working on absolutely nothing but my manuscript to meet my fast-approaching deadline. So please bear with me…there are plenty of new recipes coming [...]
A while ago, while looking for something to jazz up my decor, I spent an evening browsing Etsy for food-related wall art. This letterpress poster displaying cuts of pork immediately jumped out and just begged to be hung in the home of a proud omnivore. Now that I’m in the midst of an apartment search, [...]
- Crispy Kale and Mushroom Fried Rice + Giveaway April 15, 2013
- FreshDirect Giveaway March 18, 2013
- The Chinese Takeout Cookbook Giveaway! May 3, 2013
- Chinese Scallion Pancakes + Video March 12, 2013
- Chinese Barbecued Pork (Char Siu) + New Video! April 2, 2013
- Inside Peak at Bon Appetit, Food52, and The Daily Meal May 23, 2013
- Iced Matcha Latte May 20, 2013
- Naan Breakfast Pizza May 14, 2013
- 10 Favorite Asian Recipes for the Spring May 7, 2013
- Mapo Tofu May 6, 2013
Appetite for China is all about fresh and simple Asian cooking. Welcome and bon appetit!