The Yunnan folk music playing in the restaurant was so soothing that the cricket noises blended right in. Then Jacob snapped me out of my daze and pointed to the middle of the room. A middle-aged couple was lovingly playing with their pet cricket, which was sitting on the table in a tiny glass jar. [...]
Tag Archives | Xicheng
- Crispy Kale and Mushroom Fried Rice + Giveaway April 15, 2013
- FreshDirect Giveaway March 18, 2013
- The Chinese Takeout Cookbook Giveaway! May 3, 2013
- Chinese Scallion Pancakes + Video March 12, 2013
- Chinese Barbecued Pork (Char Siu) + New Video! April 2, 2013
Appetite for China is all about fresh and simple Asian cooking. Welcome and bon appetit!